My brother emailed me a link to this PDF announcement from Channel Ten. From early next year it will add to its current regular SD channel and to its One HD sports channel something called ’11’ (my brother wonders if it will be ’55’ in Canberra). Here is its description:
- ‘Distinctly youthful’ Key 13-29 demographic focus.
- First-run targeted domestic and international programming
- Long term quality content supply from Network Ten and leading US studio, CBS – including access to CBS content library with more than 70,000 hours of programming
- The Simpsons – exclusive free-to-air home on ELEVEN
- Neighbours – prime-time home on ELEVEN
- Standard definition (SD) digital from early 2011
I wonder if this recent proliferation of content is having any impact on Pay TV.